bookwormAtNight

StitchersGirl

"It is what you read when you don't have to that determines what you will be when you can't help it." - Oscar Wilde

The Current Between Us

The Current Between Us - Kindle Alexander

I'm not even sure how to rate this. I'll settle for 2 stars rounded up - mostly because it was my fault. I shouldn't have picked it up to begin with.

The first time I read something by this author I was so irritated, I ranted a lot about the story after finishing it. I have no excuse for reading this despite my reluctance, other than I really liked the blurb and I wanted to give this a try. I shouldn't have. Because the writing and I didn't get along any better than the first time around.

It's not bad. I just can't get over all this INSTA everywhere! And the repetitions of awful declarations of love I wouldn't believe after twenty years of marriage, much less after such a short period of time! The MCs meet each other, fall in lust, fall in "love", and break up in record speed. If you like stories like that, go for it, but for me it was so unbelievably frustrating. I struggled way too much with even finishing it.

It didn't help that I liked Trent and his family. Because I despised Gage. To me, he was selfish, righteous and ignorant. When something you do threatens the alleged love of your life and his kids, you don't do it! You don't try to justify it first, there shouldn't be a thought about how to still make it work so you can retire with a bang! It felt so wrong to me, I got angrier the more I read about Greg and his musings. The solution for the mystery/suspense part was creative, I'll give you that. I just felt like I could drive through it with an eighteen-wheeler or three. Not believable, not plausible and sure as heck not satisfying to me.

Like I said, this author obviously doesn't work for me and I should have known better. No rating, and no recommendation, because clearly I absolutley didn't like it and I'm sorry to say that I can't really see why somebody else would. But to each his own, I guess.