bookwormAtNight

StitchersGirl

"It is what you read when you don't have to that determines what you will be when you can't help it." - Oscar Wilde

In From the Cold

In From the Cold - Mercy Celeste A story about Nathan and Quinn and their second chance.

Sounds like a winner. Unfortunately it wasn't. I liked the tension between the two guys and all the drama and problems you get when it's all about the second try. The writing was a little too sappy for me at times, and some mistakes made it harder to follow, but not impossible. And I really liked it, so who cares?

But then the end nears and all hell breaks loose. There was this absolutely surreal rape and torture scene and I never did get why it was necessary. It didn't make sense. And rape as a simple plot device is a pretty shitty thing to do, at least in my book.

But the unbelieveable WTF-cherry on my cake was the last part. How is it, may I ask, that you are deeply traumatized and broken after you were freaking raped and yet, your boyfriends macig ass, mouth and penis cure you with one hard f**k after three weeks(three weeks!) ?! Are you freaking kidding me?! Rape is not something you "just get over" and move on! What. The. Hell. Unbelievable.

And that was that for me. I would have given no star at all as a rating, if I could. But I can't, so this one star will have to suffice.