bookwormAtNight

StitchersGirl

"It is what you read when you don't have to that determines what you will be when you can't help it." - Oscar Wilde

Let It Go

Let It Go - Mercy Celeste Creed and Eli are cowboys. You know, those cowboys qyour momma and big brother talked about. The clich├ęd version with stereotypes layed on so thick you can't even breath right anymore.

It still asn't ab bad book. I like Marcy Celeste and her writing style. The idea was good and the enemies-to-lovers theme was worked good and hard. I liked it. And again, the end nears and I get really sick, really fast. The whole scene with Mason, starting with the acts and ending with the sexual abuse and rape are sickening, surreal even and for me they didn't create more than just the wish to throw this book as far away as possible. Having drama, traumas and tragedies in your story is not a crime. But this kind of violence and sexual assault - especially one that sure as hell didn't make sense to me at all - feel wrong, fabricated and surreal. I don't like to read that, especially not when it feels so unnecessary and fabricated just for the sake of using it as a simple plot device.

And again, the whole book lost its appeal and left me feeling a bit nauseated and not a little bit angry.