bookwormAtNight

StitchersGirl

"It is what you read when you don't have to that determines what you will be when you can't help it." - Oscar Wilde

Catfished

Spectaccolo - Christine Catlin

This "author" must have been very desperate and apparently lost her moral compass a couple of lies ago.

In order to get some PR for her work, she conned bloggers into reading her books for free and reviewing them later. In order to do so, she posed as a Penguin Employee. Her victims are plentiful, including sole bloggers, review groups and also minors. It seems like Penguin is already aware of her, and their legal department was contacted.

I honestly don't gice a crap if this book is up my alley, well written or inventive. Defrauding people of their labor, lying to them in order to take advantage, conning a MINOR for your own personal gain, throwing out all of your moral standards in order to get more publicity? It's shameful, it's disgusting, and it's so wrong, the grey zone is not even in the same universe.

So no matter what happens, this book is going on my "Hell NO!" shelf, and it'll stay there until the cow comes home. Because YES, I do judge books by their authors. The minute the author makes me want to puke on their shoes or slap their faces? My interest in their work flies right out of the window.

Source: http://bookishantics.com/2016/01/04/beware-catfished-fake-penguin-employee