bookwormAtNight

StitchersGirl

"It is what you read when you don't have to that determines what you will be when you can't help it." - Oscar Wilde

I'm on page 100 of 246 of "After Midnight" by Santino Hassell

After Midnight - Santino Hassell

This is crazy. It's insane! I shouldn't even like this book!

I had this one sitting on my Kindle for quite some time. My dilemma? I fell in love with Santino Hassell's writing with "Sutphin Boulevard", and I just had to read more of his books. I HAD to. But then there was "After Midnight". Even though I like mysteries and thrilling plots, I was so hestitant to pick this one up - even after buying it quite some time ago. The post-apocalyptic, dystopian, drug trade tale and me? Should NOT go together.

But holy crap, it does! I started reading last night because I thought it was a short book I'm not really interested in, and I could read a few pages before going to bed. Well, I finally put it down sometime in the middle of the night, with watering eyes and my brain on fire. Not because of the book, but because my body needed rest. I'd have stayed up happily for another 5 hours and finished this story if I could have. It's really that good!

There hasn't been any sweet romance so far. Scratch that, there wasn't any romance, period. Just some antagonism, and a little hot banging. But it's mostly plot and mysteries - so much of it. I'm loving it! A kick-ass MC, flawed and real, trying to survive in a shitty world, struggling with his life decisions, hating his boos but loving his best friend.

All I can say is: YES! I could barely leave it and be productive for a few hours. So good!